Researchers And Critical Educators is an organization of faculty at California State University, Fullerton. We are an interdisciplinary organization linked by our commitment to promoting excellent scholarship, applied research, and discussion of issues on the topics of race, ethnicity, class, culture, religion, linguistic diversity, disability, gender, and sexual orientation as well as other issues of diversity. This organization recognizes the changing demographic profile of our societal landscape, and in order to respond to this challenge, Researchers And Critical Educators supports active research and scholarship that significantly contributes to this growing body of academic inquiry. To this end, Researchers And Critical Educators works with relevant college and university offices to support new research, advance ongoing projects, and showcase scholarship through conference presentations and academic publications, and encourages individuals in the organization to enhance their leadership skills and become more actively involved in important university, community, and professional activities.
- To effectively represent and promote a college-wide climate that is sensitive, representative, and fair to all untenured and tenured faculty.
- To build strong, effective, formal and regular voice, communication and programmatic input to the Deans and with the relevant college committees;
- To develop and implement a variety of faculty support activities and programs for untenured and tenured faculty in collaboration with the Dean's office
- To provide support and input in the fair recruitment, hiring, retention or promotion of untenured and tenured faculty.
- To build strong, effective linkages with the university administration, faculty and the surrounding community at large
- To create a social support network to build partnerships and personal friendships among the members of the organization
- To encourage and empower individuals in the organization to become more actively involved in important university, community, professional, and political service with the purpose of creating a more harmonious and desired community.